The Staffing Industry is a Larger Part of America’s Employment Picture than You Might Imagine!
The staffing industry has been around a long, long time. Centuries before Your Employment Solutions was founded in 1995, the first record of a public staffing agency (according to Wikipedia) was a year 1650 proposed British “Office of Addresses and Encounters” that would link employers to workers.
The first recorded instance of a private employment agency being founded in the United States was in 1893. Since then the staffing industry, like any kind of business, has gone through many reincarnations.
Here are some staffing industry facts provided by the American Staffing Association that give a clear picture of the role that staffing agencies play in the modern business world.
Our company is named Your Employment Solutions because employment is what we do! We are jobs specialists. Every year in Utah and across the nation staffing agencies connect millions of jobseekers to millions of good jobs.
Did you know?
- 3 million people are regularly employed by staffing agencies on a weekly basis.
- U.S. staffing firms hire 11 million temporary and contract employees throughout the year.
- 79% of staffing employees work full time.
- In Utah, Your Employment Solutions interviews thousands of job applicants every year.
The staffing industry provides flexible opportunities to employees and employers alike. Job seekers can choose where, how, what, and when they’d like to work. Businesses can ramp up or down depending on the needs of their season.
Did you know?
- 66% of staffing workers say a flexible work schedule matters to them.
- 90% of employers say staffing agencies provide flexibility to keep fully staffed during busy season.
- Your Employment Solutions is able to customize our staffing services to meet specific needs of Utah businesses.
Staffing Helps Job Seekers Get a Foot in the Door
Temporary job opportunities provide a gateway to long-term employment. At YES we like to say, a staffing agency gives employers and employees an opportunity to date for a little while. They can try each other out before committing to a long-term relationship and make sure each is a good match for the other.
Did you know?
- 88% of staffing workers say their temporary job provided skills to help make them more employable.
- 80% of businesses say staffing companies offer valuable ways to find job seekers who can turn into long-term employees.
- Your Employment Solutions goal is match the right person to the right job every time. We’ve placed countless people into long-term Utah careers over the years.
Job Options are Good for Everybody
A lot of people decide to go with staffing agency because it allows them to choose from variety of jobs. Variety is the spice of life, and it can help work be a lot more fun as well.
Did you know?
- 67% of staffing workers say job choice was important to them.
- 23% of staffing workers prefer the temporary arrangement over permanent employment.
- 33% say they work for a staffing agency because they enjoy the challenge (and non-monotonous nature) of different jobs.
On the Job/Get the Job Training
Businesses in the staffing industry offer important skills training for millions of temporary workers. A lot of good jobs out there ask for prioir experience, but a lot of good workers out there have little opportunity to gain experience without working the job. Staffing helps resolve that catch 22.
- 90% of staffing companies provide training to employees.
- 65% of staffing workers say they developed new or improved work skills through their assignments.
- 40% of workers say they work with a staffing company to gain on-the-job training.
- Your Employment Solutions works with various Utah companies to make sure employees are provided with the proper training and skills they need to be successful on the job.
I hope you’ve found this information on the role the staffing industry plays in the nation’s (and Utah’s) employment picture valuable.
Cheers to Utah Staffing!
Your Employment Solutions
“I help connect Utah jobseekers to Utah jobs.”
P.S. Be sure to visit our Utah job board!