|Shift||Monday to Friday | 6:00AM to 3:00PM|
We are now hiring a soil sorter to work in a health service facility in SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH.
SOIL SORTER JOB DESCRIPTION:
Will be sorting and preparing all soiled linens from hospitals.
SOIL SORTER JOB DUTIES:
- Open laundry carts and empty hamper bags onto sorting table.
- Sort linen by fabric type.
- Accurately weigh sorted loads and send linen to washers via negative air system as well as operate laundry equipment in either automatic or manual mode.
- Identify instruments, sharp items, hospital-owned linen and other foreign objects and place them in appropriate receptacles.
- Place empty laundry carts in cart wash and operate washing machinery.
- Deposit all instruments and other washable, returnable objects in wash rack and process through dishwasher or commercial washer, as well as wash all stainless basins.
- Completely clean and disinfect soil sort area at end of shift.
- Mentor / train fellow associates.
- Other duties as assigned.
SOIL SORTER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to follow directions and procedures accurately.
- Detail-oriented, organized and efficient.
- Able to keep accurate records of laundry poundage by hospital.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Able to meet productivity standards and work quickly.
- Able to multitask.
- Self-motivated / Self-starter.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors and coworkers.
- Ability to read and understand applicable Standard Operating Procedures.
- Able to regularly lift between 30-40 pounds.
or, please email your resume with "Soil Sorter" in the subject line to: email@example.com or call Emily at 801-298-9377.