Utah's Best Staffing Professionals Work at YES!
Your Employment Solutions employs a wide array of individuals, all of whom participate in the balancing act of life. This month's Employee Spotlight belongs to an employee who currently juggles a new school schedule with a new work environment – Alexis Dean!
Thank You Alexis Dean | YES January 2019 Spotlight
Alexis started working with YES last summer as a full-time recruiter in our North Salt Lake office. She caught on very quickly and was extremely valuable to that office in the short while she was there. She then moved up to Logan to further her education at Utah State University and took on a part-time role at the local office of YES. Her position stayed about the same, but her location, clients, team members, and employees all changed, along with her school schedule – twice! Amid all these changes, she has maintained her value with YES and its clients and has been such a great addition to many of our teams. She is cheerful, energetic, fun, hardworking and reliable.
We asked Alexis to answer 11 questions about work and life. Here’s what she had to say:
1. Five things you enjoy.
- Taco T
- Diet Coke
2. Three things you don't.
- Math tests
- Inconsiderate people
3. What do you like most about working at YES?
The YES family! I love how everyone works together to help others succeed!
4. What do you think would make YES better?
Mav runs in Logan!
5. If you could meet anyone, who?
Derek Shepard from Grey's Anatomy.
6. Your favorite place in the world.
Bear Lake. We have a cabin on the beach and I have been going there my whole life.
7. What's the best nail color of all time?
Black. It goes with everything
8. What is the number one challenge you face in your job?
Balancing work and school.
9. What do you think is the best way to meet that challenge?
Having a schedule every day! I focus on work at work, and school at school! I make a mental schedule for each day the night before. It helps me to prioritize and get things done!
10. What would you tell someone looking into working with YES?
ome in and apply! Come get a feel for what we offer. Be honest with what you want, and what your capabilities are. We will get you a job that will fit you best!
11. You're in charge of setting new years resolutions for YES CEO Reed Laws and YES EVP Kerry Westenskow. What goals should they accomplish this year?
Well, I know everyone has room for improvement but Kerry and Reed, they got it all figured out. ;)
We appreciate all that you do Alexis and are wishing you all the best in your juggling act of life in college!
Human Resources Manager
Your Employment Solutions