The Best Recruiting Professionals in Utah Work at Your Employment Solutions!
If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring? Big, bubbly smiles like that of Eva Westenskow!
Thank You Eva Westenskoriarty | YES May 2019 Spotlight
This month we want to spotlight Eva for the positivity and dedication that she brings to our work lives. Eva has worked part time for YES for many years throughout high school and college and has taken on a number of different roles that she has made seem so effortless. She learns new things very quickly, has excellent customer service, brings fun and excitement to work every day, and overall has a great attitude about work and life.
We asked Eva to answer 11 questions about work and life. Here’s what she had to say:
1. Five things you enjoy.
- Any type of sweet
- The beach
- Music and concerts
- Hiding candy in my boss’s office
2. Three things you don't.
- The smell of cooked cauliflower–thanks Eric
- Kerry singing the song Sweet but Psycho around the office… opera style
- Reed poking/smashing food on my desk and/or Riley stabbing my food with his pocket knife
3. What do you like most about working at YES?
I really enjoy the people that I work with and the constant laughing and positivity they bring each day.
4. What do you think would make YES better?
More hiding places in offices for the candy that Alex and I like to leave for everyone. We’ve run out of containers of protein powder…
5. If you could meet anyone, who?
Willy Wonka, because candy! Maybe he would let me in his factory to eat those candy teacups?!
6. Your favorite place in the world.
My favorite place in the world is Spain. It has some of the most gorgeous cathedrals, the people are so friendly and the food is amazing.
7. How many cats is enough cats to make a sweater? And do you feel bad stealing cat fur for fashion?
It all just depends on how big you want the sweater. I don’t feel too bad about stealing cat fur just because it’s for fashion and cats can grow their fur back pretty fast, I think.
8. What is the number one challenge you face in your job?
The number one challenge I face in my job is getting through to applicants. Whether by phone or email, some people don’t want to talk or communicate.
9. What do you think is the best way to meet that challenge?
Keep moving forward and try to get ahold of the applicant best I can, understand where they are coming from, and to keep your mind set on the applicant and their job process.
10. What would you tell someone looking into working with YES?
We are willing to help you find what is best for you so all you need to do is contact us about your interests and we will help you the best we can from there! You can’t go wrong with YES!
11. You decide to hide packages of candy in YES CEO Reed Laws and your dad, YES CFO Kerry Westenskow's office. What kind of candy do you choose to hide? Who finds the most of it?
My candy of choice lately has been Unicorn Poop because I have found that it is the most delicious candy of them all, not too sweet but not too plain either. Plus, no one is mad when they find this kind of poop. Even though Reed and Kerry have found some of my surprises, I don’t think either of them have found all of it!
Eva, you are so much fun to have around and we thank you for all that you do! You rock!
Human Resources Manager
Your Employment Solutions