Utah's Best Staffing Professionals Work at YES!
Nothing spooky or tricky about this month's Employee Spotlight. It's a treat working with Carlos Gomes!
Thank You Carlos Gomes | YES October Spotlight
Carlos has worked with YES for nearly a year and has been a valuable part of our On-Site Staffing team at one of our largest clients. His personality and positive attitude make it easy and enjoyable to work with him. He has been reliable and hard-working, which is a huge asset to any team, but he's also extremely trainable and eager to learn.
We asked Carlos to answer 11 questions about work and life. Here’s what he had to say:
1. Five things you enjoy.
- Trying different food
- Spending time with family
2. Three things you don't.
- Dishonest people
- The smell of farms
3. What do you like most about working at YES?
The people, I have met a lot of really cool people.
4. What do you think would make YES better?
Honestly, I can’t think of anything I love my job and my co-workers.
5. If you could meet anyone, who?
6. Your favorite place in the world.
Cape Verde Islands.
7. The best food you have ever eaten. Where? Why?
My mothers cooking, she is a really good cook.
8. What is the number one challenge you face in your job?
Turning people away and letting go of people.
9. What do you think is the best way to meet that challenge?
Be honest with everyone and always try to find them another job.
10. What would you tell someone looking into working with YES?
Work hard and be honest and it will get you far.
11. Word is you speak multiple languages. You have to teach one phrase each in Crioulo to Reed and Kerry. What do you teach them to say and why?
“Modi bu Sta?” >> How are you?
“Nha nomi e..” >> My name is…
You are an integral part of our team, Carlos! Thank you for all that you do.
Human Resources Manager
Your Employment Solutions