|Job Category||Chemical Process Engineer|
Your Employment Solutions, a leader in the Utah staffing industry, is hiring a Chemical Process Engineer for a refinery company in Salt Lake City, Utah.
CHEMICAL PROCESS ENGINEER JOB DESCRIPTION:
Will need to be an experienced Process Safety Engineer to support the Salt Lake Refinery in Salt Lake City, Utah. The Process Safety Engineer will be responsible for providing assistance in the implementation, compliance, communication, and continued improvement of the Salt Lake City Process Safety Management (PSM) program. The Process Safety Engineer enhances the Salt Lake Refinery process safety culture, as well as the overall compliance, performance, and productivity of the refinery. The position has the potential to extend past 6 months or convert into a full time role.
CHEMICAL PROCESS ENGINEER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering required
- Years of experience: Minimum 5 years engineering experience in design, process engineering, controls, or technical safety required
- Candidates local to Salt Lake City required
- MS Suite proficiency required – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented
CHEMICAL PROCESS ENGINEER JOB SKILLS:
- Previous Process Safety Engineering experience within Refinery environment, or Oil/Gas industry, strongly preferred
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required
- Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provides PSM support to Operations, Maintenance, Technical Groups, and Line Management.
- Facilitates PHAs (Process Hazard Analysis) and other Risk Assessments.
- Facilitates incident investigations, using Why-Tree and TapRoot techniques.
- Conducts field compliance audits and supports Corporate PSM audit activities.
- Develops and executes work plans to address continual improvement opportunities.
- Interprets and assists in the development of guidance documents on regulations and laws.
- Supports PSM metric generation, including interpretation of data, and seeks to identify problems and opportunities for improving process safety performance.
- Supports the refinery Management of Change (MOC) program.
- Supports the refinery Process Safety Information (PSI) program.
- Coordinates and reviews the Facility Siting requests for the site, in coordination with IMPACT, Small Caps, and the CBRES groups.
- Manages the refineries EPA’s Risk Management Program (RMP).
- Develops and conducts training on PSM processes.
- Facilitate consequence modeling and quantitative risk assessments
- Review/consult on technical safety aspects of engineering processes and design
- Institute processes and programs related to risk management, technical and process safety, and facility siting and design