|Wage||$45.00 - $50.00/hr|
Your Employment Solutions, a leader in the Utah recruiting industry, is hiring an Engineer for a refinery in Salt Lake City, Utah.
ENGINEER JOB DESCRIPTION:
The main function of an engineer is to apply engineering theory and principles to problems of industrial layout or manufacturing production.
ENGINEER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide plant engineering support for the routine daily operation of process units within the refinery. Support requires collaboration and interpersonal skills necessary to work with Operations, Maintenance, and Technical functions within the global refining system
- Scope/troubleshoot mechanical problems and issues, develop alternatives, and propose and implement solutions for long term reliability
- Develop and manage engineering work orders to improve reliability and throughput of process units
- Actively participate in the planning and execution of unit turnarounds, both planned and unplanned
- Answer technical inquiries, make technical recommendations, provide equipment and system troubleshooting, improve designs engineering tools and develop designs engineering procedures
- Carry out various studies to improve plant safety, reliability, and economics.
- Provide engineering analysis and evaluation of minor capital projects. In some instances, responsible for design, management and execution of minor capital projects
ENGINEER JOB REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Able to plan and organize projects from inception to start up. Understanding of gated work process for projects is critical. Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of estimating tools and cost control.
- Good written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate ideas to a wide range of groups within the refinery. Good meeting facilitation skills. Ability to teach/mentor others.
- Strong ability to work well with other Refinery groups in cross-functional teams. Effectively interface with Operators, Mechanics, Supervisors, Construction Contractors and Management to complete projects on time and on budget to meet the business objectives.
- Ability to seek customer’s needs and prioritize own work accordingly. Must be flexible to respond to Refinery support needs as priorities change with the specific business needs.
- Demonstrate model behavior including support for diversity, leadership, teamwork, and customer focus. Create and promote an environment of trust and teamwork through actions and own behaviors.
ENGINEER JOB PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3-5 years of refinery and/or process plant engineering experience
- Experience in turnaround planning or capital project work
- A basic understanding of refinery/chemical processes/equipment and understanding of the interaction between refinery units
- Knowledge of the planning/business side of the refinery
ENGINEER JOB EDUCATION:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Civil engineering