|Job Category||Facility Tech|
|Wage||$20.00 - $27.00/hr DOE|
|Shift||To Be Determined|
Your Employment Solutions, a leader in the Utah staffing industry, is hiring a facility tech II for a Production company in North Salt Lake, Utah.
FACILITY TECH II JOB DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for the correction and prevention of downtime of production and support equipment. With little to no guidance they will inspect, take action on failed inspections, and report appropriately to maintenance lead. They will also drive projects to completion and apply technical knowledge to recommend improvements to current and future projects.
FACILITY TECH II JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Education level: minimum/preferred: High School diploma or equivalent,
- Preferred areas of study: Training in maintenance mechanics, hydraulics, machine shop, and/or electrical controls. Certifications preferred.
- Similar or related experience desired: 5-7 years maintenance related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Preferred industry experience: 1-3 years in a vitamin, food, chemical or pharmaceutical environment.
- Essential skills/knowledge: Basic fabrication skills. Competent understanding of mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems. Basic understanding of electrical and control systems. Knowledge of production machinery repair and maintenance. Ability to operate machine and power tools, forklift, welding equipment, and to distinguish sounds or vibrations for equipment repair. Communication skills and ability to work with other team members.
FACILITY TECH II JOB DUTIES:
- Completes assigned WO and inspection to company standards with little to no guidance
- Performs preventative maintenance on all equipment and keeps logs of same
- Conducts general maintenance and repair including but not limited to troubleshooting and minor fabrication.
- Conducts electrical troubleshooting and repair with little to no guidance
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and collaborates with other maintenance personnel to diagnose problem or repair machine
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts. Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment
- Demonstrates management’s commitment to safety.
- Ensures legal and regulatory compliance in respect of safety, cGMP and quality systems
- Follows all environmental, health and safety protocols
- Provides support for all safety and environmental initiatives
- Proactively attempts to prevent all accidents and eliminate all unsafe conditions