|Job Category||Pipe Designer|
|Wage||$28.00 - $35.00/hr DOE|
Your Employment Solutions, a leader in the Utah Recruiting industry, is currently hiring a Piping Designer for a refinery in Salt Lake City, Utah.
PIPING DESIGNER JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Designer will primary be responsible for preparing designs from concept through construction, representing those designs in working documents using CAD software. The position is open due to the increase of work within the Designs Drafting team and could potentially extend past the current end date.
PIPING DESIGNER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Associates degree or a two-year college or technical school training in computer-aided design.
- 10+ years heavy industrial piping design experience.
- Prior work experience must include field work – taking measurements, operating laser scanning equipment, verifying existing drawings, equipment, valves, flanges, instrumentation.
- Proficient in reading and understand piping drawings.
- Ability to identify piping symbols and components required to create piping drawings.
- Knowledge of appropriate use of pipe fittings and materials within industrial applications.
- Understanding of real world fabrication and fitting practices.
- General working knowledge of piping specifications within standard industrial design practices.
- Understanding of process requirements for systems within a refinery.
- Exceptional understanding of 3D modeling and point cloud software required
- Experience using AutoCAD, Cadworx Plant, Isogen/Intergraph I-Configure, Leica software, Microsoft Word, Excel & Access required
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic and dependability required.
- Possesses integrity and ethical standards.
- Understanding and commitment to safety in all aspects of daily work.
- Candidates local Salt Lake City area/few hour radius around SLC required
PIPING DESIGNER JOB PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Heavy industrial piping design experience refinery strongly preferred – ideal candidate
- Piping design experience within material handling, mining, pipeline industries/environment preferred.
PIPING DESIGNER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide drafting/design support for the routine daily operation of process units within the refinery, including, but not limited to Turnarounds.
- Accountable for delivery, maintaining production levels, consistency and overall quality of work.
- Apply industry standards, Chevron specifications and practical knowledge when laying out piping & equipment to create cost-effective, functional designs adhering to safety, operability, maintenance and construct ability.
- Engage constructively with team by applying skills and knowledge, raising team competency and improving shared work processes and products.
- Effectively collaborate with Designs Drafting Team members, Designs, Process & Project Engineers, in addition to the Operations and Maintenance groups.
- Independently follow pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job, with minimal instruction from supervisor.
- Ability to manage time and resources to consistently meet required deadlines without significant oversight.
- Collect field data by means of sketches, notes, field measurements and laser scan point cloud data.
- Perform field walks for the purposes of data gathering that can include, but not limited to walking long distances, climbing ladders, bending and lifting light loads.
- Ability to generate accurate piping isometrics, P&ID’s, PFD’s, inspection isometrics, plot plans, electrical one-line and instrument loop diagrams from field sketches, notes or marked-up drawings.
- Ability to learn, operate and troubleshoot new technologies (e.g. laser scanning equipment and related software).