|Job Category||Planning Engineer|
|Shift||Full Time, 4/10|
Your Employment Solutions, a leader in the Utah recruiting industry, is hiring a planning engineer for a refinery company in Salt Lake City, Utah.
PLANNING ENGINEER JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Shutdown Planner/Scheduler collaborates across multiple levels of the organization, and with multi-discipline teams from Engineering, Operations, Maintenance, and Reliability. This position will develop detailed plans and schedules to execute field work on turnarounds, tanks, and projects.
PLANNING ENGINEER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain, analyze and act on key performance indicators related to scheduling activities.
- Analyze and interpret work requirements from various sources (e.g. work orders, Engineering Work Orders, etc.). Evaluate and analyze work breakdown structure considering technical specifications, designs and safety. Calculate time and resource requirements based on optimum cost, effective resource leveling and services requirements.
- Develop fully integrated turnaround cost estimates, manpower loading and execution schedules that achieve the business objective.
- Update schedules and report progress during Turnaround execution.
- Utilize the Turnaround database and Primavera scheduling software.
- Interface with Engineering, Operators, Maintenance, Construction Contractors, and Management to complete projects Incident and Injury free, on time and on budget.
- Ensure refinery and HES standards are integrated into Turnaround planning and execution. Must have knowledge of all safe work practices and procedures (e.g., lock out / tag out, confined space entry, hot work, personnel protection, etc.).
- Integrate operations, capital projects, and maintenance work into one overall execution schedule for pre-turnaround and turnaround execution work.
PLANNING ENGINEER JOB REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be proactive in communicating with all customers, peers, stakeholders and members of other organizations. Communicates in a clear, concise, understandable manner, both orally and in writing. Listens carefully and asks questions. Competent in facilitating meetings. Stays accessible and approachable. Maintains professional demeanor in all situations.
- Ability to foster teamwork and work cooperatively with maintenance, operations and technical departments.
- Good overall computer skills. Ability to use all available intranet resources to set up comprehensive work order packages.
- Proficient using Primavera. Must be willing to schedule projects per company scheduling standards.
- 5+ years’ experience working in a refinery, preferably in maintenance turnaround roles