|Shift||Monday to Friday | Swing Shift|
Your Employment Solutions, a leader in the Utah recruiting industry, is hiring a receiving clerk for a production company in Salt Lake City, Utah.
RECEIVING CLERK JOB DESCRIPTION:
The receiving clerk receives and stores materials, tools, equipment and products within the warehouse, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions.
RECEIVING CLERK JOB ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive and unloads trucks, checking in merchandise, matching BOL to received orders.
- Move materials and items from receiving to storage areas.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, and color or product code.
- Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for customer traffic.
- Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Ensure product appears safe for handling and that cases have not been opened.
- Open bales, crates and other containers.
- Record amounts of materials or items received in the appropriate computer program.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
- Complete requisition forms to order supplies from other departments.
- Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Wear the proper safety equipment.
RECEIVING CLERK JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple requests
- General familiarity with warehousing/distribution operations
- Complete safe handling and GMP training for storage facilities.
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have basic math skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Strong attention to detail
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be an active team member, able to advocate for quality practices. Must have the ability to keep meticulous records of activity to track potential problems and solutions.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and standard operating procedures