Utah’s Best Staffing Professionals Work at Your Employment Solutions!
This month’s Employee Spotlight has been a huge value to YES while staffing in our Southern most region of Utah, our St. George Branch Manager – Alan Smith!
Thank You Alan Smith | YES April 2022 Spotlight
Alan’s story with YES is quite unique. He was running the St. George, Utah office for a different staffing agency when YES decided to purchase them a couple of years ago. Although we are a much different company than the one he worked for, he came to YES with such a great attitude and eagerness to learn the YES-way and really embraced all the changes of the acquisition very well. Alan has such a great demeanor and mindset. He has a strong military background and is such a dedicated and hard worker. We are so grateful to have Alan on the team and are so happy he welcomed us into his world with open arms!
We asked Alan to answer 11 questions about work and life. Here’s what he had to say:
1. Five things you enjoy.
- Spending time with my grandkids
- Golfing with friends
- Great dining experiences
2. Three things you don’t.
- Hearing, “I can’t”
- Lima beans :-)
3. What do you like most about working at YES?
The great people and culture that make-up that heartbeat of the company.
4. What do you think would make YES better?
Continue fostering the “People First” attitude and YES will maintain the positive atmosphere always.
5. If you could meet anyone, who?
David Goggins, Chief Petty Officer US Navy SEAL (Ret.) his way of living life and making positive out of negative is contagious.
6. Your favorite place in the world.
Aruba is the best hidden retreat of them all.
7. You have traveled far and wide and collect currency from around the world. Which is your favorite type of currency other than the US Dollar?
8. What is the number one challenge you face in your job?
Sometimes 8 hours isn’t enough.
9. What do you think is the best way to meet that challenge?
Be prepared to put in the additional time as required.
10. What would you tell someone looking into working with YES?
Be prepared to enjoy your job and truly make a difference within the company and the community you serve./p>
11. If you owned a travel agency, where would you host a trip for YES CEO, Reed Laws, and YES President, Kerry Westenskow? What kind of activities would you include in the itinerary? What do you think they could handle and what do you think might be a culture shock to either of them?
This is kind of funny because I would have them go to Lackland AFB, Texas and attempt the basic military training events that the younger generation has embarked upon in serving their country.
Thank you so much for everything you do for YES and the St. George job market, Alan! You are one of a kind!
Human Resources Manager
Your Employment Solutions