Utah’s Best Staffing and HR Professionals Work at Your Employment Solutions!
This month’s Employee Spotlight has been a valuable team member of the YES HR team while providing outstanding customer service to clients and employees in Utah and nationwide – Colleen Saltzsieder!
Thank You Colleen Saltzsieder | YES June 2022 Spotlight
Colleen assists YES with all our client payroll needs. It’s a busy position and requires a lot of attention to detail and focus. In her little over a year since starting with YES, she has proved to be a truly treasured member of our team, and a powerhouse contributor for our payroll and back-office teams. She continues to help our employees get paid, our clients be heard, and keep the payroll team in the best shape it’s been in.
We asked Colleen to answer 11 questions about work and life. Here’s what she had to say:
1. Five things you enjoy.
- Playing the Sims 4
2. Three things you don’t.
- Skydiving (I tried it once, and that was one time too many!)
3. What do you like most about working at YES?
I like the team I work with the most! They are awesome!
4. What do you think would make YES better?
If we had more staff events where I can meet people from the other offices face to face. We all talk on the phone and email so much, it’s always great to put names to faces!
5. If you could meet anyone, who?
Alton Brown. I spend a lot of time watching the Food Network and he seems like an incredibly interesting/successful person!
6. Your favorite place in the world.
7. We know you love to go to concerts, what has been your favorite concert you’ve been to and why?
The first time I saw My Chemical Romance (I think it was around 2011?) They were and still are my favorite band of all time. It was a general admission show, so the earlier you got there, the better your spot was. My little sister and I got in line about 10 hours before the doors opened and our mom brought us lunch/refreshments so we could keep our spot. It was definitely worth it!
8. What is the number one challenge you face in your job?
Technical difficulties, and power outages. They can be pretty unexpected!
9. What do you think is the best way to meet that challenge?
I’ve learned to save my work often!
10. What would you tell someone looking into working with YES?
I would tell them that the team is great, and that they will love the atmosphere!
11. We’ve heard you’re an amazing baker. If you, YES CEO Reed Laws, and YES President Kerry Westenskow were competing in a baking competition, what would you bring for your baked good and why? What you do think Reed & Kerry would bring? Who do you think would win?
I would make a classic vanilla cake, and I would decorate it with buttercream flowers and berries or something that looks pretty. I have my own recipe for one and I’ve received many compliments on it. Sometimes it’s better to keep it simple! I think Reed would bring something traditional like a carrot cake, and I think Kerry would bring some kind of homemade cookies. And of course, I would win 😊
Thank you so much for everything you do for Colleen! We are so thankful to have you as part of the YES family!
Director of Human Resources
Your Employment Solutions